At Computer Aid we have been examining how we can improve our service to donors of ICT equipment. The introduction of the new European General Data Protection Regulations will bring increased attention to the need to ensure full security of data bearing assets. The penalties for data leaks are now, quite rightly, very severe. For this reason we are proud to have entered into partnership with Tier 1 Asset Management Ltd., a company with some 20 years’ experience of asset management and refurbishment. This means Computer Aid can now offer:
- On-site asset scanning and secure transportation of IT assets, meaning that all vans used to transport equipment will be geo-tracked from the donor’s site to the List X refurbishment facility in Manchester.
- Free asset tracking – We can now send detailed reports with all information regarding each asset donated, i.e. serial number, hard drive etc. and inform donors within a month of what will be reused or recycled from the equipment decommissioned.
Additionally, this new partnership ensures that all equipment will be dealt with under the following ISO accreditations and data management certifications:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard.
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard.
- ISO 27001 Information Security Standard.
- ADISA (Asset Disposal & Information Security Alliance) fully accredited business (Distinction with Honors).
- ADISA (Asset disposal and information security alliance) Advisory Board member.
We will continue to deliver full reporting, providing documentary evidence that all services comply with current legal obligations under WEEE, Data Protection, Hazardous Waste, and Duty of Care.
It is after much consideration that Tier 1 came through as the strongest partner due to their robust and safe data-wiping process, and their strong, socially responsible values, that match those of Computer Aid. Tier 1 was established in 1995 and has been providing IT disposal services to the corporate marketplace for over 20 years. As a leader in the market, Tier 1 premises are accredited to HM Government List X standard and they are a SEAP approved company with HM Government IA Standard No. 5 accreditation.