Computer Aid International has been providing affordable, high-quality, refurbished IT equipment to schools, universities, NGOs and community centers for the past 20 years.
We can provide desktop or laptop computers depending on your needs.
Currently, the specifications of the machines we have in stock are as follow:
- iCore 3 to iCore 7 processor
- 2 to 16 GB RAM
- 160 to 500 GB HDD (128 for SSD)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System
- Microsoft Office 2010 (optional)
- 17” to 21” Flat screen monitors
- Please be aware that not all computers will have a CD drive, especially newer models
For desktop computers, you will receive a full kit (Base unit, 17” to 21” Flat screen monitor, cables, mouse and keyboard).
If you need any other type of IT equipment, (printers, projectors…) for your computer laboratory or your office, we can buy it for you here in the UK. We have competitive prices from trusted suppliers.
We apply a fee for the equipment provided to cover our internal costs.
Why buy refurbished equipment?
More and more companies in Europe have moved away from purchasing new equipment, to purchasing refurbished ones in the past few years for the following reasons:
- You reduce your costs: the price of a refurbished machine can be up to 80% cheaper than a brand new one, the cost of software licenses, 10 times cheaper than the market price.
- You maintain the quality and have access to high-end models. The cost of a machine decreases a lot faster than its quality.
- You increase the volume of IT equipment you acquire for your establishment. If your IT allocated budget has already been approved, you can double or triple the number of machines you get.
- Refurbished equipment can be more reliable than new, since any manufacturing faults could have been identified and fixed.
- It is environmentally friendly: 80% of the energy used by a computer is expended during its manufacture, increasing its life decreases the impact on the environment.
Why buy Computer Aid refurbished equipment?
- Computer Aid has 20 years of experience providing refurbished IT equipment.
- The equipment provided by Computer Aid are models from major manufacturers which have been used by UK companies (mostly Dell, HP, IBM…)
- We refurbish our equipment to the highest UK standard (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001)
- As a not-for-profit organisation, we provide refurbished equipment at a discounted price compared to private refurbishers.
- We are a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher and provide an officially-licensed copy of Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and Microsoft Office 2010 package.
- In the UK, Computer Aid provides a six-month warranty for its equipment
- Overseas, Computer Aid provides 5% extra equipment to cover any breakage in transit and also a one-year warranty to our regular recipients.
- Our equipment is also available locally in Ethiopia, Zambia, Kenya, Burkina Faso, Zimbabwe, and Chile.
To date, we have distributed more than 300,000 IT units in more than 100 countries. We work mostly in Europe, South-America, and Sub-Saharan Africa.
We collaborate with local partners overseas that distribute our equipment on our behalf. In the UK, we have partnered with Good Things Foundation, giving access to our equipment to their network of community centres.
If you’re interested in getting computers, please fill our online application form.
If you need more information about our services, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org