We offer free data wiping, asset tracking and provide all of the necessary forms required with our IT Disposal service.
Computer Aid's IT Disposal service collects IT equipment from businesses and organisations of all sizes. We professionally refurbish tablets, phones, computers and other devices donated by companies like yours, and reuse them in the UK and in developing countries to ensure that everyone has a chance to learn basic 21st-century skills and to reduce the waste from electronics.
Did you know - electronic waste is one of the fastest-growing waste streams?
Electronic waste is becoming a huge problem in our environment. 50 million tonnes of e-waste generated every year will more than double to 110 million tonnes by 2050, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the world, according to the author of a UN report.
Why do we call it IT Disposal?
Well, actually we don’t aim so much for IT Disposal - we aim for IT Reuse. While recycling computers is certainly better than them ending up in landfill, reusing a computer is 80 times more environmentally friendly.
Other IT Disposal and recycling services available often don’t refurbish the machines they receive, and instead, just strip them for precious metals. That’s where Computer Aid’s IT Disposal service is different. We only recycle computers when we can no longer fix them.
In addition, our recycling service with Tier 1 Asset Disposal also has a social impact. The data baring assets are stripped from the computers and electronic devices for secure disposal and the rest of the equipment goes to their recycling service which helps with rehabilitation at a local prison - giving the inmates there a chance to get an NVQ qualification in recycling, which means a clear career option and less chance of re-offending. Devices are stripped down to recycle e-waste with no waste going to landfill.
Your data is safe with us, the security of your data is our top priority.
Thanks to our partnership with professional IT refurbisher Tier 1, we guarantee to handle your equipment and sensitive data with the highest level of security. We understand that data security is very important to our clients and we make it a priority to keep the sensitive data on your equipment secure at all times, from collection to data wiping.
By donating your equipment to Computer Aid's IT Disposal Service, not only are you guaranteed that 0% of your electronic waste goes to landfill but also:
- Receive a fully detailed report of recycled vs refurbished equipment that you can incorporate in your sustainability report at the end of your financial year.
- Be compliant with the Environmental Agency regulations and the WEEE directive.
- Be informed within 3 months of where your equipment has been allocated and what projects you will be helping by giving your computers a second life.
- Increase your Corporate Social Responsibility engagement and enable your employees to get involved with the charity through advocacy, training or fundraising.
All equipment will be dealt with under the following ISO accreditations and Data management certifications:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard.
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard.
- ISO 27001 Information Security Standard.
- ADISA (Asset Disposal & Information Security Alliance) fully accredited business (Distinction with Honors).
- ADISA (Asset disposal and information security alliance) Advisory Board member.
We will provide full reporting and documentary evidence that all services comply with current legal obligations under WEEE directive, Data Protection, Hazardous Waste and Duty of Care.
Organisations have an obligation under the Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that confidential data about employees or customers is not disclosed without the consent of the individual concerned. Both Computer Aid and Tier 1 are registered in accordance with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
We use Blancco 5 solution for data destruction services , which guarantees the unrecoverable removal of 100% of data from your equipment. This free-of-charge service means companies can be sure that none of their data can be retrieved from devices and that they are fully compliant with the Data Protection Act. Hard drives that are faulty or that cannot be wiped of data are destroyed securely with hard drive shredding.
Computer Aid International offers a complete service to companies replacing their IT hardware. With 20 years of expertise in IT asset management, including data destruction, computer refurbishment, reuse, and recycling we increased the security of our service by working with Tier 1. This means that our donors will still receive complete data destruction services through Blancco as well as all the WEEE regulated documentation, but also benefit from the following:
- On-site asset scanning and secure transportation of IT assets - This means that all vans used to transport your equipment will be geo-tracked from your site to the List X refurbishment facility in Manchester.
- Free asset tracking - We can now send you a detailed report with all information regarding each asset donated, i.e. serial number, hard drive etc and inform you within a month of what will be reused or recycled from the equipment decommissioned.
If you would like to talk to someone about Computer Aid's decommissioning services in more details or book in a collection, please contact Darren or call 020 8361 5540 for more information about a collection.